What Is A Programme?
Programme Management means different things within different organisations. A Programme could mean any of the following:
- The programme is responsible for delivering an outcome, while projects within the programme deliver contributing discrete chunks
- The programme is the management of a portfolio of projects
- The programme is itself a large and complex project, with an increased focus on integration
What Are The Benefits Of Programme Management?
Typically, when an organisation requires a programme manager, the underlying need is the coordination of a set of related projects. This coordination will include:
- A common governance and methodology
- Alignment on visions, goals and objectives
- Common quality assurance
- Prioritisation and assignment of budget
- Prioritisation and assignment of resources and people
- Integration of the individual project’s deliverables
- Planning across projects
- Programme Sponsor, Project Sponsors, Stakeholders and Management
In some organisations, programmes may have a finite duration, just as a project does. In other organisations, programmes are on-going.
How Can Peak Cadence Help With Programme Management?
Whatever your programme management needs, we have extensive experience working within large corporations and scale-ups within programme management. Please contact Dan Hill for further information.
If your organisation is working within the SAFe framework, we can also supply Release Train Engineers.